Telemedicine includes Medical and/or Behavioral Health telehealth service providers that allow health care professionals to use interactive audio, mobile and/or video for diagnosis, consultation or treatment.
For members in the 50 United States
Telehealth Services through Teladoc® – A Faster, Easier Way to See a Doctor.
Telehealth consultations are available to for the following specialties through our telemedicine vendor, Teladoc:
- Doctors of Medicine (MD)
- Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Benefits of using Teladoc:
- Covered at 100% – you pay nothing!
- US board certified doctors
- Prescriptions sent to pharmacy of choice, if necessary
- No appointment necessary
- Private and secure
- Skip waiting rooms
Teladoc can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling. You can address most common issues such as: colds, fever, rash, ear infections, and migraines. You can also see a therapist for ongoing counseling for concerns such as: depression, anxiety, and stress, as well as a dietician for diet and nutrition help.
You can contact Teladoc by phone, web or through the Aetna Health mobile app and receive treatment within minutes for non-emergency medical needs. For more information regarding telehealth consultations, please call 855-Teladoc (855-835-2362) or visit teladoc.com/Aetna.
Additional Behavioral Health Televideo Services
Behavioral Health Televideo Services is a rapidly growing and evolving form of treatment. Licensed health care professionals provide services using real-time video conferencing. With this state-of-the-art communications technology, health care professionals can provide services to members who may not have been able to access services in the past. Health care professionals who provide Behavioral Health Televideo Services comply with all relevant laws in the jurisdiction where they and the member getting services are located. We expect health care professionals providing Behavioral Health Televideo Services to comply with the Clinical, Technical and Administrative Guidelines of the American Telemedicine Association.
The following Behavioral Health Televideo Providers are available to you depending on which state you live in:
- Available in all 50 states
- Behavioral health and employee assistance program (EAP) services
- Accepts patients 10+
- Appointments available from 7 AM to 9 pm, Monday through Friday (Some providers may offer weekend appointments)
- Call 855-824-2170 or go to www.mdlive.com/BHCOMM.
Array AtHome Care (formerly Inpathy)
- Available in CA, DE, FL, IL, MO, NJ, NY, PA, TX and VA
- Behavioral health services only
- Accepts patients 5+
- Appointments available from 7 AM to 11 PM, 7 days a week
- Call 1-800-442-8938; go to https://insightportal.mahlerhealth.com/
Telemynd (formerly Arcadian Telepsychiatry)
- Available in all states not covered by Array AtHome Care
- Behavioral health and EAP services
- Accepts patients 18+
- Appointments available from 9 AM to 9 PM, Monday through Friday
- Call 1-866-991-2103
For Members with an Overseas Address
Telehealth Services through vHealth (Worldwide)
For members with an overseas address* (such as APO, DPO, Embassy and Consulate addresses), telehealth consultations are available for General Medicine through our telehealth vendor, vHealth (Worldwide).
Benefits of using vHealth (Worldwide):
- Accessibility – Access to care anywhere, anytime in over 100 countries
- Affordability – Zero cost, unlimited appointments
- Quality – Best-in-class primary care doctors
To Register for vHealth (Worldwide):
Step 1: Download vHealth (Worldwide) in the App Store or Google Play.
Alternatively, visit our website: https://vhealth-teladochealth.com/en.
Step 2: You will be asked to create an account. If using the service for the first time. Click ‘Don’t have an account?’
Step 3: You will be asked to complete a registration form, including an access code. Your access code is FSBP.
Step 4: Once you have done this select ‘register’ and you will be asked to activate your account through a link that will be sent to you via email.
Scheduling an Appointment
Step 1: If you wish to book a consultation please select ‘book a video consultation’ or ‘request a phone consultation’. Video consultations can be scheduled at a chosen time. If you choose a phone consultation the doctor will call at the next available opportunity, usually within 1 – 2 hours.
Step 2: Most fields will be pre-populated. Be sure to explain your symptoms and upload any photos of symptoms or documents such as test results (if necessary).
Step 3: : If you have booked a phone consultation, there is nothing else to do. The doctor will call you on the number provided.
If you have booked a video consultation, you will need to open the app prior to the call and click ‘start video call’. From there the doctor can join you.
Appointments last 30 minutes – plenty of time to ask the questions you need.
- From the Home page you can also call in directly to vHealth. Click on ‘contact us’. You will reach a vHealth Customer Service Member who can help with any questions, issues or scheduling.
- Alternatively, you can reach vHealth directly on: UK: +44 (0) 20 3499 2851 USA: +1 (0) 8572 563 784 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note, for general Foreign Service Benefit plan inquiries, please call 1-202-833-4910).
- From the Appointments section you can view your history of scheduled video and phone calls, as well as any past consultations. All records and summaries of your calls are kept here.
- The notes relating to your consultation can be viewed in the appointment details along with any recommendations made by your doctor.
Overseas Members – Talk to a therapist by phone or video from home
We are all facing new challenges and routines, which can cause feelings of fear, anxiety, and stress. Telehealth consultations, specifically for mental health and substance use disorder, are available for Foreign Service Benefit Plan (FSBP) members living outside the 50 U.S.
If your mental health provider offers telehealth consultations, FSBP will cover 90% of the Plan’s allowance for each visit.** This can help you maintain an established relationship with a stateside mental health provider or begin a new one with an overseas therapist.
Get help for:
- Major life changes
- And more
To ensure your Personal Health Information (PHI) is protected, your covered provider must use a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant tool such as Vidyo or Bluejeans for facilitating these consultations.
Note: This benefit coverage applies to telehealth consultations specifically for mental health or substance use disorder.
For telehealth consultations related to general/primary medicine or clinical services (fever, flu symptoms, etc.), FSBP members living or visiting overseas must use Vidyo or vHealth by Aetna. vHealth consultations are covered at 100%.
*If you have an overseas address and are back in the 50 United States temporarily, you will still use vHealth for telehealth visits.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.